Sunday, December 16, 2007

MmmMmm Yummy at Mindi's




































It looks like Mindi, Eric, Ethnee, and Celeste and Mom and Dad had a great time with their gingerbread making. Mmm. Everything looks delectable!


According to Eric, Mindi and Elaine made all of the ginger bread
and cut the shapes out, Mitch crafted the sleigh, Eric put the shingles on
(they are Golden Graham cereal squares), Mindi put the tree together and made the reindeer.

I am curious about what they used to make the green door frame and red roof trim...

I also like the red dots tail lights on Santa's sleigh, and the reigns on the reindeer. Very cute!

Jonathan and I want to start a Christmas tradition of making nativities, and we think we'll do an edible one this year, with gingerbread people, marshmallow sheep, chocolate chip cookie cows, and toasted coconut hay. Any other good ideas?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The edible nativity scene... that kinda freaks me out...

Ammieloris said...

:D I thought of that. At least it gave us a way to tell the nativity story that kept the attention of a two year old! But don't worry, we didn't eat baby Jesus or Mary or Joseph. (I threw them away yesterday. That's so much better, eh?)

Anonymous said...

Actually, I feel much better about them having to be chucked than about them having been eaten! LOL