Friday, November 16, 2007

Halloween Howdy!

Hi! I realize that Halloween has come and gone. However, I have some pretty pics of Mindi's family at Halloween. As Mark now has his own blog, I'm not going to post any pics of his family here, although they also had some very cute costumes, including some made my Mom Elaine, who made costumes for (all?) her grandkids this year. (Go check out his blog: http://markrachellesorensenfamily.blogspot.com/)

Elaine made costumes for her grandchildren this year. Ethnee is wearing her princess costume that Grandma . Mindi bought Celeste a cuddly "golden goose" costume to keep her warm, and the family went as royalty and a gold-egg laying goose!

Mindi and Eric carved some very cute pumpkins. I love this little one Ethnee is holding. It looks winky, or something, and is a perfectly happy little pumpkin for these little girls.

Jonathan and I also carved pumpkins. Okay, okay! Jonathan carved the pumpkins. While Mindi bought cute little ones, we bought humongo ones. I was so excited to carve them, but didn't want to carry them inside. After a week of them sitting in the back seat of the car, and another weak with them in our garage, I no longer wanted to carve mine! So Jonathan did his. People alternately called his jack-o-lantern "sad" or "scared." It needed a friend. But by Halloween night I still hadn't carved mine. I was just about to beg Jonathan to do it for me when he sheepishly asked if he could. Yay! He wanted me to design it, which was perfect, because that was the only part I wanted to do! Wielding a black sharpy and using a few dents in the massive squash as inspiration, I quickly doodled a smile and slanty eyes. Jonathan did a great job of carving it, and somehow his sad Jack got a very impish friend.

Well, I think every child loves having very many dress ups (although a mom might not!), and Halloween is perfect for that! Here is our Ethneebug.

Halloween and autumn are also perfect for leaf-rolling.

Maybe come winter we can find some pictures of snow angel making. :D

See you soon! I'm visiting Mark's and Mindi's families for Thanksgiving, and hopefully I will have some great pics to share then!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! Especially the jack-o-lantern story. :) I love that Jonathan was just waiting around hoping he'd get to carve your pumpkin too...

Ammieloris said...

:D

It works out so well to have a husband willing to wield sharp instruments: carving knives, axes, pruners. Maybe one day I'll get Jonathan to wield a razor so I can see who he is under all that facial hair!

Anonymous said...

Haha! Good luck getting him to wield THAT sharp instrument...

Ammieloris said...

Yes, I know! I did get him to cut his hair this summer, but I surely won't get to see his clean-shaven face until winter is over, if then... :) Oh well. The facial hair was good entertainment for babies Reese and Celeste. Reese loved grabbing at his beard and mustache, and Celeste was just entranced. BTW, all of the nieces and nephew liked Jonathan more than me... :( Ethnee was pretty good, sometimes liking me--she was afraid of the swimming pool, but let me take her around it. But Caleb frequently refused to hold my hand in favor of Jonathan's, and he always wanted to play with Jonathan. Actually, it was cute. I'll just have to show Caleb that I like to play, too!

Anonymous said...

:-D That's fabulous! At least you know your hubby gets on well with his in-laws. I do think it's pretty funny that all the kids wanted to go play with him though. That's OK. I'll just have to come visit you someday and we can go play. Forget Jonathan! :)

Margo said...

Yay, more pictures. All the kiddos are darling. ANd I suppose the parents too :)

Ammieloris said...

Yeah, Margo--I have to second that sentiment, because as much as I like seeing pics of my bros and sisters, I love seeing pics of my nieces and nephew. In a round about way, that's why I don't usually send out family Christmas pics: I have no kids to cuten things up!