Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The Parents

They started this whole family, so we better get them out of the way first!



Mitchell

Alias: Elaine's "boyfriend"

50 years old

Green hair

A wild appetite for rhubarb pie



I admit it was unkind of me to post a picture of my dad with his mouth open and his jaw working, but some people have the misconception that he is mild mannered and quiet. Well, they would be wrong. He is silly, goofy, and talkative. He was a very good daddy to little girls, and he told very good stories about frogs. (He claims he made them up and can't remember them. We'll see. . .) He liked to jump on the trampoline with us, and he made us an amazing spinning teeter-totter. He would also put children's toys on his face, like the suction-powered Oscar the Grouch he let hang from his cheek while Mindi and I giggled. As you can see, this picture is fitting.



Elaine

Alias: Ripper Offer of Dog's Legs

47 years old

Long toes

A wild appetite for hugs from her boyfriend


I changed the photo, because Mom didn't like the one with her mouth shut. Go figure. My high-school friends really always came to our house to talk to mom, play with mom, and tell her your heart-felt desires and loves. I know you say you liked me, too, but I think we all know where the true devotion lies. Mom frequently is accosted by smiling and squealing children of all ages who force her to hug them and profess her love for them. Of course she does it willingly. You can see I'm not at all jealous. :)

Finally, Mitchell and Elaine are most often the proud parents, although at times like this they are the embarrassed parents, of six beautiful children, especially their oldest daughter. Okay, okay, every one else is good-looking, too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ammie,
Thanks so much for making my day with your blog. It's been years since I saw the beautiful face of my sister, your mom (though I talked to her the other day-shortly after her birthday). I have the same love and admiration for her that you do and miss you all terribly. Hope all is well with you and yours. We are all recovering from hurricane Katrina and hope the Air Force moves us near mountains again.
Uncle Steven