I think it's time for a new look here, and since I don't have any pictures to post, I figured reconsidering the background would be sufficient. So I reconsidered. What do you think?
Life is finding me happy and well. I still don't love grading so much, but I our house is cleaner than it's been in a long while! Avoidance really is good for some things.
But as a family, we do much more than simply avoiding life.
Mom and Dad had a nice vacation in Mexico, but I think they are glad to be home. Mom let me jabber away on the phone yesterday. She is a nice mom.
Rachelle is awaiting her baby's arrival next month or soon thereafter. Mom and I look forward to visiting her very soon after her baby comes. Hopefully one of us will get there soon enough to play with Caleb while Rachelle does the real work.
Mindi is also awaiting her baby, but she has a few more months to wait. I am sure Ethnee is helping keep her busy in the meantime.
Brad and Adam are busy in school (college), as are Jennie (highschool) and Mark (dental school) and Eric (medical school), actually. Technically, so are Jonathan and I, although we've both graduated. Jonathan is sticking around UW publishing papers on his thesis . . . and the stuff that didn't make it into his thesis. I am at a community college teaching two basic writing classes three days a week. It keeps me just busy enough.
You see, things are pretty rosy right now.
The days are longer now, which is great, because it's after 5:00 and the sun is still out. The sky is just blushing, and the sky and lake and shore at it's far side are in pastels. Maybe that's why I picked pastel dots for our new look. Peaceful is rosy. Or peachy.
Tuesday, February 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hmmm... I think I'll be seeing pastel dots in my sleep tonight... It makes me cross-eyed. But that means you have achieved your major purpose in life! I always knew that the whole point of your blog was to make me cross-eyed...
Haha! I made you cross-eyed! That wasn't precisely what I was going for, but it works. . . . Actually, I was going for the SSSScrapbooking look, and the dots do it for me. I was hoping they would do it for you, too, and that that would make you nauseous. So you nearly had me pinned!
Well, nauseous was another word that came to mind in addition to dizzy... or perhaps for me, dizzy and nauseous are somewhat synonymous. I just didn't want to offend anyone. I don't know why I worry! LOL. Oooh, it's staying light longer here now, too. Only it's also getting light earlier in the morning, so I can't sleep as long. It throws me off... I've been so used to it being dark by 4:30 that I'm getting confused about what time it is. I need to shift gears. The end of next month will be joyful. Daylight savings time. Ick. Though it looks like it's beginning earlier in the States this year... earlier than normal, anyway. Usually it's in April, isn't it? The very first weekend? Over General conference? This time it's in the middle of March. I wonder when Europe will go on daylight this year, then... very very weird...
Yes, I think it is weird, too. I don't know why they are changing it, and I don't know why they ever started it. One theory is that it was to help farmers time their work more closely to other workers' schedules, but farmers work when they can, regardless of the clock time. I personally credit the theory that it was to save electricity during WWII.
In the meantime, the mid-March transfer is going to be quite confusing.
yeah, it had something to do with saving electric... farmers get up with the sun and go to bed with the stars, especially during harvest... 18 hour days... from 6 til midnight on the combine. Til you can't see well enough to do anything at all... That's how I got to be such good friends with Michael. A couple of summers being up at theirs at harvest time, and spending all my time on the combine or trucking with him. You get a lot of good talking time in.
Post a Comment